Every pool is different, which is why giving generic time estimates is so difficult—and often unhelpful.
Still, I want to shed as much light on the design and construction process as possible. For us, the typical project takes between 2 and 3 months to complete, while the biggest installations can require up to 4 months.
If that seems like way too long, let me explain what goes into each stage of the process. Hopefully when we’re done, you’ll have a better idea of what to expect before we first break ground on your new pool.
Right off the bat, here are some of the factors that could influence the completion time of your project:
- Weather (abnormal or otherwise);
- Fireplaces and other fire features;
- Slides, fountains and additional water features;
- Landscape challenges;
- Material rarity;
- And any other design features, such as kitchens or sidewalks.
It’s obvious, but a huge pool with a grotto, water slide and full bar is going to take much longer than a basic rectangular pool.
With those design challenges out of the way, let’s move on to the general timeline you can expect working with us.
- Consultation: One of our team members meets with you at your home, where they’ll gather all the data and insights we need to begin designing your ideal pool.
- Initial Design: Fact-finding mission complete, we’ll now prepare an array of blueprints and visual aids to paint the perfect picture of your new backyard—plus offer you the most competitive estimate around.
- Finalization: After making any desired design tweaks and answering all of your questions, we’ll create an incredibly easy-to-understand contract, minus all the complex legal jargon.
- Inspection: Of course, a handful of documents are necessary to begin any major construction project. Don’t worry, our team will take care of everything—this is the last step before we can start breaking ground.
- Excavation: Our incredibly skilled team will dig out the framework for your new pool as quickly, safely and efficiently as possible, with minimal disturbance of the rest of your yard.
- Utilities: After laying your pool’s steel skeleton, it’s time to hook up the water pipes and electrical wires needed to keep your new baby running like a clock.
- Pre-Masonry: Up next, we need to spray the interior of your pool with a special blend of concrete (typically gunite or shortcrete). After drying for up to 2 weeks, we’ll be able to add your chosen tile and coping material.
- Masonry: This is one of the most exciting stages, where we’ll begin sculpting the most memorable features of your pool—like waterfalls and BBQs.
- Deck Prep and Installation: Includes the finalization of fences, alarms and the deck itself. Takes up to 3 weeks, after which your pool will be inspected again.
- Final Touches: The only other construction that needs to take place after the last inspection is plastering, which is completed in just a day.
- Celebration: The only thing left to do—once you’re 100% satisfied with our work—is to fill your brand new pool for its maiden voyage. Crack open a bottle of champagne, because life just got a whole lot more fun.
Not too complicated, right?
Like I said, every project is unique; your pool might be very straightforward, or it could be uniquely complex.
The only way to find out is to get in touch with us for a free consultation—that 3 month timeframe doesn’t start until you pick up the phone.